Hair weaves are a popular way of enhancing one’s hair length, volume, and overall appearance. Two popular install methods for beginners are the quick weave and the sew-in weave. Both techniques have their advantages and disadvantages, but which one is better for beginners?
Now we will explore all the differences between a quick weave & a sew-in weave method and help you decide which one is better for your own.
What are quick weave and sew-in?
What is a Quick Weave install?
A quick weave is a technique in which hair extensions are glued onto a protective cap that is placed on the head. The hair extensions can be either synthetic or human hair, and they are cut and styled to blend with your natural hair. Quick weaves are called "quick" because they can be done in a shorter amount of time than other types of weaves, like sew-ins.
What is a Sew-In Weave?
A sew-in weave is a technique in which hair extensions are sewn onto braids that are made in the natural hair. The braids are created in a specific pattern to ensure that the hair extensions are securely attached and blend with the natural hair. Sew-in weaves can be done using either synthetic or human hair.
What are the differences between a Quick Weave and Sew-In ?
- Firstly,get your natural hair laid flat on the head. This is really necessary if you want to achieve a flat and flawless style, you can gel it down or cornrow the hair either.
- Secondly, put on a wig cap to your head before start intall process. Some person also apply a coat of hairspray on top of the cap as a protective layer from the glue.
- Cut the weave wefts into fitable pieces and glued in several layers to the cap around your head.
- You can either apply a quick weave with or without a closure. Some people prefer to leave their hair out on the top, to create a more natural look.
- It takes about 1 hours to complete the whole process of quick weave installation which is significantly faster than installing a sew-in.
- Firstly,prepare the necessities of the remover or oil and deep treatment hair conditoner,spray bottle.
- Secondly,part and section your hair away from the extension to see each layer of wefts clearly, braid or tie your own hair loosely,and then spray the remover or apply the oil/conditioner to the roots of those wefts.
- Then rub the area around the track of the weaves,the weave will get loose to be slide off.
- Make sure to section and spray the hair from top layer to the end layer until you remove all the weave bundles out from your head.
Durability And Maintenance
- Most quick weaves can last about 4 or 5 weeks if they were taken good care of.
- Quick weave doesn’t require too much mantiance as the sew in.
- Burget of quick weave install is lower and more affordable than the sew-ins.It cost $100 or lower for each install.
- You can either save the hairstylist cost to do it at home yourself instead since it is easier than the sew-in method.
- As we know the hair are glued onto the wig cap but not hair directly,quick weave would not brings breakages to your own natural hair if you intalled wefts properly.
- People need to avoid spreading the glue to the scalp when you come to glue the weft to the crown,this may cause issues since the glue or gel may contain chemical ingredients like alcohol, xylene which make hair dry out or result in the allergic reactions if you have sensitive scalp.
- Firstly,cornrow braid your ntural hair to ensure your braids are flat and neat. Make sure your natural hair is dry and not damp or wet before installing the extensions.
- Cut the weave wefts into the desired lengths and widths, making sure that they are long enough to cover the braids.
- Take one extension weft and place it against the first cornrow, ensuring that it covers the braid entirely.Sew the extension weft onto the cornrow using a curved needle and thread.Making sure that each stitch is tight and secure.
- The whole process of sew ins takes 2-3 hours.
- Use scissors to carefully cut the thread that was used to sew the extension weft onto your natural hair.
- Gently pull all the extension wefts away from your natural hair. Avoid pulling or tugging on your natural hair, as this can cause damage or breakage.
- After removing the extension wefts, take a break before installing new ones to allow your natural hair to rest and recover.
Durability And Maintenance
- Normally a sew in can last 2-3 moths long if been taken good care.
- You can easily wash,style or cut your sew-ins to frame your face as you want.
- Cost of a sew-in intall is $100-$600 which is more expensive than the quick weaves because it can be more difficult and time-consuming to install.
- It’s best to seek the help of a professional when installing sew-in extensions to avoid damaging your hair or scalp.
- We don’t need to worry about the hair demage if we get hair professionally intalled by well-tranind hairdresser.
- Don’t sew the extension wefts too tightly onto your scalp, as this may cause discomfort or Pain.
whether a quick weave is better than a sew-in weave for beginners depends on several factors, including intallation &removal, lifestyle, and budget. It’s up to the individual to decide which option is best for them.
Quick weaves are generally recommended for people with shorter hair, those who want a more affordable option, and those who want a temporary hairstyle. Sew-in weaves, on the other hand,are better suited for people with longer hair, those who want a more secure and long-lasting option, and those who have larger burdget.