How do I care my hair extensions?
CURLSQUEEN clip-in hair extensions is 100% human hair, so the better you take care of them, the longer they can be used.
- Heat styling your hair extensions
- You can blow dry, curl and straighten your hair extensions just like your own hair, but keep in mind, they are human hair extensions, and they will damage just like your own hair. You should brush or comb the hair extensions through to get rid of any knots and tangles and use a heat protectant spray before applying hot curling and straightening irons. As hair extensions do not receive natural oils on the hair as your natural hair does, you need to apply a deep conditioning hair treatment to the extensions at least once a month to help keep your extensions in the best condition and ensure the longest life, which is especially important if you use heat styling tools on them frequently. As damage increases, it is also advised to have your extensions ends trimmed just like your own hair. Please keep in mind, the less heat styling to the extensions, the longer life span they will last.
- Washing your hair extensions
- Depending on the usage of the extensions, we advise to only wash them every 4-6 weeks. Hair extensions do not receive natural oils on the hair as your natural hair does, they need moisture, conditioning and stay from chemicals and heat to stay soft and silky. Washing every 4-6 weeks will refresh your extensions from hairsprays and other product build-up. Washing on a regular basis is not advised, as it will strip your hair of moisture and color and dry them out faster. Always apply a deep conditioning hair treatment after washing and rinse in cold water. Please keep in mind, you should use a wide toothed brush and gently work your way through the hair. Do not brush with hard brushes or combs like normal hair the hair can be damaged.
- Dying Your Extensions
- You can dye your hair extensions. It is advised to have a professional stylist dye them for the best results. For examples, if you have dark hair extensions, it is not advised to try to dye them platinum blonde. So if you must change the color of your extensions, get professional help first. We highly advise you to always go darker, since your hair extensions has been processed by several methods before you receive them. Hair extensions will get damaged faster with bleaching. Besides, semi-permanent hair dye is more recommended, because it is less damaging and does not dry out the hair as much as permanent hair dyes.